Our centre is located on the beautiful campus of prestigious Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, only 20 minutes to downtown historic Boston.
The campus has fantastic facilities including a modern sports hall, indoor swimming pool and running track with a recreational field and outdoor space as well as spacious residence halls. It’s surrounded by beautiful New England villages and countryside, dramatic coastlines, popular beaches and the attractions of Boston is within easy reach.
Location: Tufts University
Dates available: 25 Jun – 30 Jul
Ages: 11 – 18 (18 year olds accepted as part of a group leader)
Accommodation: Standard single room
Emergency Number: +1 212 497 8343
- Standard single rooms with shared bathroom
- Traditional US college dormitory layout
- All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair
- Laundry available in each residence building at a small fee
- Meals are served in a large self-service canteen, with packed lunches provided at the weekends
- Meals are served in a large dining hall
- Communal facilities and bathrooms are cleaned daily
- Wi-Fi throughout
Dining & facilities
Meals served in a large self-service canteen in Dewick-McPhie Dining Hall.
Cooked and continental which might include pancakes, eggs, juice, coffee, toast, cereal, fruit.
Two courses, 3 options including a vegetarian option.
Packed lunches (provided at weekend): water, fruit, sandwich, crisps and biscuits/cake.
Three courses, 3 options including a vegetarian and halal option.
Vending machines located in the residence buildings for drinks and confectionery.
- Baseball field
- Basketball and tennis courts
- Indoor swimming pool
- Gym available twice a week
- Outdoor areas for games and activities
- Taught by friendly and professional English teachers
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week each morning
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- Maximum 17 students per class
- Students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- Classrooms are standard style
- Classrooms are located at Tufts University campus
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills
- Materials included as well as an end of course report
Students will be welcomed upon arrival at Hillside Apartments where they will register and get their room keys so that they can check in to their rooms.
On the first evening there will be a welcome activity which is designed to ensure students have the opportunity to meet staff and other students and get to know more about the campus, its facilities and useful information which will help them during their stay.
Activities are organised in between lessons and during evenings. These activities could be onsite or near to the centre. These may include:
- Sports such as football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball
- Drama and performance activities such as scavenger hunts and drama workshops
- Evening activities such as karaoke, talent show, and team games
Excursions and Trips
Our students get to explore exciting places in and around Boston such as: Harvard University, MIT University, the New England Aquarium and Massachusetts State House.
Newport, Rhode Island: Students visit this historic city by the sea with great shops, incredible mansions and colonial architecture
Scusset Beach: A nice sandy beach with crystal clear water.
Charles River Walk: A fantastic view of the Boston skyline from the Charles River, with a visit to the Museum of Science
Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market: Students go shopping at this historic market place including a visit to downtown crossing and Chinatown.
Old and New Boston: A visit to the USS Constitution Ship and the Institute of Contemporary Art.
Fenway Park: The home of the Boston Red Sox baseball team. Also includes a visit to Boston Public Library, Copley Square and the Prudential Building.
New York City: Known as the Big Apple, students can explore its iconic sights
Six Flags New England: Students get to hang out at this cool theme park with world-class roller coasters and over 100 rides.
3 Week Sample Programmes
Each 14-night stay will include 5 half-day excursions to exciting places around Boston such as Harvard University, Massachusetts State House, MIT University and New England Aquarium. It will also include 2 full-day excursions to Charles River, Scusset Beach and Newport Rhode Island. Transport for trips may be by private coach or public transport.
Student may have lessons either in the morning or in the afternoon in week 1, alternating weekly after that.
Students will need to purchase a Charlie Card for $21.25 which will cover all transportation and excursions for the week.
This programme is for illustrative purposes and activities and visits may change.