Location: Abbey College
Dates available: 02 Jul – 13 Aug
Ages: 11 – 18 (18 year olds accepted as part of a group with a leader);
Ages Homestay: 13–17
Accommodation Residential: Single en suite room (private bathroom)
Accommodation Homestay: Twin/Triple room with shared bathroom
Emergency Number: +44 7771 845978
Cambridge is world famous for its historic colleges and beautiful architecture. Our centre is located in the modern Abbey College a short walk from the city cente. Students stay in an ensuite residential accommodation next to Abbey College. The college is in a modern part of the prestigious city centre close to the University Botanic Gardens, Cambridge Central Railway station and an array of shops and leisure facilities.
Abbey College is a modern, cosmopolitan British secondary school with new buildings and recent refurbishments all around the spacious and secure site. Featuring nearby sports fields and adjoining leisure centre, the school has great facilities for our young learners.
The college is in a modern part of the prestigious city centre close to the University Botanic Gardens, Cambridge Central Railway station and an array of shops and leisure facilities.
- Abbey College has residence in the next door Tripos Court. It is a secure purpose built student accommodation featuring modern, single en-suite rooms with social space and all rooms include a desk, wardrobe and chair with WiFi throughout.
- Laundry service available in residence for £3. There is a washing machine and tumble dryer in each house and live in staff will schedule laundry sessions where the students are helped
- Bedrooms cleaned weekly
Dining & facilities
All meals are served in the large, modern canteen onsite at Abbey College.
Students will receive continental breakfast in their Boarding House. Breakfast includes tea/coffee/squash, toast, jam, spreads, cereal and fruit.
3-course lunch with 2 hot options, one of which is always vegetarian. Special diets are catered for. Packed lunches for full day excursions and weekends.
3-course lunch with 2 hot options, one of which is always vegetarian. Special diets are catered for.
Vending machines are available for drinks and confectionary.
- Large common room and movie lounge as well as a communal outdoor area
- Students have access to sports field and sports hall
- Wi-Fi throughout
- Lessons are taught by friendly and professional English teachers
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week morning, or afternoon
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- Maximum 17 students per class
- Students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills
- Many classrooms have interactive whiteboards
- Materials included as well as an end of course report and certificate
- Classrooms are located at Abbey College
Students will be welcomed at campus reception where they will register, check in to their rooms and get their room keys.
On the first evening, there will be a welcome activity which is designed to ensure students have the opportunity to meet the staff and the other students. They will get to know more about the campus, its facilities and other useful information which will help them during their stay.
Activities are organised in between lessons and during the evenings. These activities could be on-site and near to the centre. These may include:
- Sports such as football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball or basketball.
- Daytime activities such as scavenger hunts and drama workshops.
- Evening activities such as karaoke, talent show, and team games.
Excursions and Trips
Our students only go on local visits to Cambridge to explore the charming city on a walking tour or a city quiz.
Students will get to punt on the River Cam, experience the wonderful King’s College and Chapel
Cambridge University Botanical Gardens is an extremely beautiful excursion included in this programme
London: Visit London once per week, seeing places such as: the British Museum, the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum, the National Gallery, Oxford street shopping and Hyde Park as well as the famous Westminster Walking Tour
Oxford: Students can get to know the other famous university city and visit one of its most famous colleges.
Stratford Upon Avon: Visit this beautiful town, the birthplace of Shakespeare
Thorpe Park: Enjoy extreme rides and attractions at this popular theme park
Norwich: Visit this beautiful city in Norfolk and its beautiful cathedral
Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre: Get up close with over 1500 amazing marine creatures
2 Weeks Sample Programmes
Each 14 night stay will include 2 local visits by foot or local transport to Cambridge with activities and 2 full-day excursions and to other sites such as London, Oxford and Stratford. Students also do full-day excursions in Cambridge to explore King’s College, try punting on River Cam, Duxford IWM and Granchester Meadows, among other places. Transport for trips may be by private coach or public transport.
This programme is for illustrative purposes only and is subject to amendments or alterations.