Location: McGill University
Dates available: 02 Jul – 30 Jul
Ages: 12 – 18 (18 yr olds accepted as part of a group with a leader – junior programme)
Accommodation: Single room / Twin room
Emergency Number: +1 212 497 8343
Embassy Summer are leaders in the market of Young Learners in Quebec as we are the only private language school that has received accreditation from the Quebec Camp Association. In Canada, it is one of the quality assurance tools used by parents in selecting a summer camp for their children.
Our programme offers students language classes with a fun and dynamic activities programme we call active learning. The activities offer a balance of sports, cultural activities, tourist attractions and workshops. Discover Montreal and practice English and French skills in the process!
- Students live in Molson Hall, close to Bishop Mountain located in the heart of downtown Montreal
- Available for groups and individuals
- Shared dormitory-style rooms with shared bathrooms
- Room includes bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, wash basin and mini-fridge
- Laundry facilities are available a minimal charge
- Linen and towels are provided and changed weekly
- Bathrooms and common areas cleaned daily
Dining & facilities
French toast, pancakes or waffles (specific days) or toast, bagels, cereals, scrambled eggs, fruits, coffee and tea. Served on-site at the residence.
Students have hot lunch Monday to Friday on campus or with local restaurant that offers a variety of salads, wraps, burgers and pasta dishes. Catering depending on activities schedule.
Tasty and wholesome dinners are provided, always a hot meal such as Italian spaghetti with a side salad and garlic bread and assorted desserts. Served in the on-site canteen or with local restaurant/catering depending on activities schedule.
Centrally located with plenty of shops and cafes nearby.
- Common spaces are available where students can socialise
- Wi-Fi access throughout
- Taught by friendly and professional English and French teachers
20 x 45-minute lessons per week morning
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- Maximum 17 students per class
- Students will be placed in an international class with mstudents of different nationalities
- Spacious air-conditioned classrooms
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills
- Course materials included as well as an end of course report and certificate
Students will be met by an Embassy Summer representative holding a sign with the EC logo. For international flights, the EC representative will be standing outside the Immigration and Customs area. If arriving via a domestic flight, students will be met in the baggage claim area. Our team of drivers will escort students from the airport directly to their homestays.
Groups will be escorted by our drivers in mini-vans directly to Residence where they will be greeted by our staff.
Homestay students will be welcomed by their homestay on arrival. They receive a welcome letter containing course information, house routines, information about the family and how to commute to school. Homestay students will spend their first evening(s) with their homestay.
Getting to and From School Activities
Activities are organised in between lessons and during evenings. These activities could be onsite, near the centre/school or around the city of Montreal. These may include:
- Sports such as soccer, rock climbing, volleyball, ice skating, jet boating and mini golf
- Cultural activities such as drama workshops, museum visits and science centre
- Evening activities such as Jazz festival, Shakespeare in the park and Underground city tour
Excursions and Trips
Ottawa is the capital of Canada, and a very beautiful city to visit about two hours from Montreal.
On this trip, student will see Rideau Hall – a beautiful grounds and the official residence of the Governor-General of Canada. They will be able to see over 100 ceremonial trees planted by politicians and dignitaries from all around the world.
After that, students will have a walking tour of Ottawa. They will visit the outside of the majestic Parliament buildings, The Rideau Canal, The Famous Ottawa Spider, and finally The Byward Market.
Students get to explore this beautiful and charming city, located about 1.5 hours from Montreal.
The city has a great shopping, cute cafés and rich cultural heritage. It’s located by a lake at the foot of the mountain Mont Tremblant, which is a famous ski resort in the winter time.
There is a lot to do here such as hiking, cycling, canoeing and ziplining.
On this trip, students will see the beautiful Montmorency Falls and the romantic, historic City of Quebec. Montmorency Falls is the tallest waterfall in the province of Quebec. Students will be impressed by the grand expanses of nature that typifies Quebec.
Students will enjoy an hour-long walking tour of the upper and lower cities of Quebec. They will hear about the history of this city, and see the Murals, The Dufferin Terrasse, the famous cannonball, La Petite Champlain, The St-Lawrence River, and of course, the World-Famous Chateau Frontenac. Students will get to see history, beauty and culture all in one day!
3 Week Sample Programmes
Each 14-night stay will include 10 half-day trips to exciting places around Montreal such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Pointe a Calliere Museum and Mount Royal. It also includes full-day excursions to Quebec, Ottawa, Mont-Trembant and Six Flags Amusement Park. Transport for trips may be by private coach or public transport.
This programme is for illustrative purposes and activities and visits may change.