Oxford is a historic University City with beautiful college buildings and stunning architecture. Thanks to the Universities, there’s an international atmosphere in the city that attracts students from all over the world.
Our centre is located on the Headington campus of Oxford Brookes University, a mix of old and modern buildings set on a large campus with plenty of outdoor space within short walking distance from the city centre.
Location: Oxford Brookes University
Dates available: 25 Jun – 13 Aug
Ages: 11–18 (18 year olds accepted as part of a group with a leader)
Accommodation: Single room with en-suite / standard single room
Emergency Number: +44 7771 845978
- Single en-suites and single standard rooms in flats of 5-6 in each
- Located across several residence buildings at the Headington Campus
- Communal kitchen areas in each building
- Room furniture includes a wardrobe, desk and chair
- Rooms are cleaned weekly, bathrooms and common spaces are cleaned every other day
- Laundry available in each residence building for a small fee
- Linen are changed every week, students must bring their own towel
- Meals are served in a large self-service dining hall
- Wi-Fi available across the campus
- A deposit of £30 is required upon arrival and replacement of lost key is £30
Dining & facilities
All meals are served in a modern dining hall in Henry Brookes building.
Cooked (depending on day) and continental – pancakes, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee, toast, cereal and fruit.
2 courses, 3 options including a vegetarian option.
Packed lunches (provided at weekends): water, fruit, sandwich, crisps and biscuits/cake
2 courses, 3 options including both a vegetarian and Halal option.
There are several shops on campus where students can purchase snacks, confectionery and drinks.
- Large multi-purpose sports hall
- Park nearby for games and activities
- Mini supermarket and several cafés
- Cash machine (ATM)
- Shared common area in each flat , there’s plenty of more social space for students across the campus
- Taught by friendly and professional English teachers
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week morning or afternoon
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- Maximum 17 students per class
- Students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- Modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards
- Classrooms are located in the John Henry Brookes and Gibbs buildings
- Materials included as well as an end of course report and certificate
On the first evening there will be a welcome activity which is designed to ensure students have the opportunity to meet staff and other students and get to know more about the campus, its facilities and useful information which will help them during their stay.
Activities are organised during evenings and in between lessons. These activities could be on-site or near to the centre. These may include:
- Sports such as football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball
- Daytime activities such as scavenger hunts and drama workshops
- Evening activities such as karaoke, talent show, and team game
Excursions and Trips
Our students get to explore exciting places such as Bourton-on-thewater in the Cotswolds, Woodstock and Blenheim Gardens and a selection of Oxford Museums and Colleges.
London: visit this exciting capital city and take a walking tour of central London visit the National Gallery
Stratford-upon-Avon: discover the beautiful home town of Shakespeare steeped in history and culture
Windsor Castle: Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world. It has been the family home of British kings and queens for almost 1,000 years and is today one of the official residences of His Majesty The King.
Thorpe Park: enjoy extreme rides and attractions at this popular theme park
Windsor Castle: the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world
Cambridge: explore this charming, iconic city on a walking tour and visit one of the colleges
3 Week Sample Programmes
Each 14 night stay will include 2 local visits to Oxford by foot, 2 half-day trips to nearby towns and attractions and 2 full-day excursions to other exciting towns such as London, Stratford Upon Avon, London and Cambridge. Transport for trips may be by private coach or public transport. Student may have lessons either morning or afternoon in week 1, alternating weekly after that.
This programme is for illustrative purposes and activities and trips shown may change.